Sacrament of Confirmation Downloads
Confirmation 2018 Schedule
- Intro Meeting of Confirmation students, parents and/or sponsors in St. Theresa’s MacNeil Hall (Church Basement): Tuesday, October 17, 7 – 8:30 p.m.
- Formation for Confirmation will be held each Monday (except 5th if any) 6 – 8 p.m., starting October 23, 2017
- Confirmation Retreat for youth Candidates and Sponsors in the MacNeil Hall: Saturday April 28, 2018 from 10 am to 3 pm. Confirmation rehearsal will take place on this date.
- Mass with Rite of Confirmation on Sunday, April 29 at 3 p.m. in the Church. Sponsors and Candidates to meet at 2:15 pm in MacNeil Hall.
Super Saturday recordings from PAST years:
Confirmation SUPER SATURDAY #1: January
- Super Saturday 1 – Journal Reflections
- Super Saturday 1 – Existence of God Talk by Angela McCormick
- Super Saturday 2 – The Mass Talk by Fr. Michael Schumacher
Confirmation SUPER SATURDAY #2: February
Confirmation SUPER SATURDAY #3: March
Make Up work: those students who missed all or part of the Super Saturday are required to listen to these 3 talks. Write a 3 sentence summary of each talk. Then complete the Super Saturday #3 Reflection journal questions. Students are also to submit the name of the Confirmation saint they have chosen and 5 points about their saint (this was an assignment due during our March 16 event) email email@example.com with your 3 talk summaries, your completed reflection journals, and the name of your Confirmation saint + 5 points about them.
TALKS FROM 2012 Confirmation Year:
The following talks were given in 2012
Super Sat 1 – Talk 1 on the Existence of God by Angela McCormick
(Note: part of talk failed to record and other talks for day were not recorded)
Confirmation SUPER SATURDAY #3: March
- Confirmation SUPER SATURDAY 3 – Welcome and Announcements (Powerpoint)
- Students: Watch the following two YouTube videos, which were shown at the start of the Super Saturday. Then listen to Kris Schmidt’s talk on the Church, below.
Video #1: Why I hate religion, but love Jesus.
Video #2: Why I love Religion and Love Jesus: A Catholic Response
Now listen to the following talks from Super Sat #3 – March 10, 2012 and complete journal reflections:
- Super Saturday 3 Talk 1 The Church FINAL – by Kristopher Schmidt
- Talk #2a: Personal Sharing about Mary the Mother of God- by Stacey Petrola
- Talk # 2b: Mary our Mother – by Anita Kosakewich, Legion of Mary
- Talk 3: Sacrament of Confirmation – by Fr. Michael Schumacher
- Super Saturday 3 – Journal Reflections - students who missed this Super Saturday, download this doc file, complete this reflection then email completed reflections to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confirmation SUPER SATURDAY #4: APRIL
Students are to listen to the following talks and complete Journal Reflections, then email the completed reflections to Angela. Click on the links below to listen to the talks and dowload the reflection questions.
Talk#1: Prayer by Deacon Tony
Talk #2: Moral Decisions by Kris Schmidt
Talk #3: Stump the Priests – The youth posed some very difficult questions about the faith. Below Fr. Jim and Fr. Michael answer youth questions.
- Why does God approach us different than Noah or Moses? – Fr. Michael
- Can we be members of more than one religion? – Fr. Jim
- Why should I believe in someone I havent met? – Fr. Michael
- Why ask questions and Where was God before He made Heaven?
- Is the Bible true, and did Jesus rise from the dead and how do we know?
- If you commit suicide do you go to hell? – Fr. Jim
- Did Adam and Eve exist? to listen to Fr. Michael
- How can you be reincarnated and be in heaven? – Fr. Jim
- Did God make the angels?
- Why do bad things happen do good people? – Fr. Jim
- Do we stay in heaven forever? And how long is forever? – Fr. Michael
April 14 Journal reflections: Super Saturday 4 – Journal Reflections – to be completed by students who missed this Super Saturday and emailed to Santo.