Sacramental Preparation Dates 2012-2013
Listed below is information on our Sacramental Preparation session dates for:
If you are an ADULT (age 18 years or older) looking to be initiated into the Catholic Church, read more here.
BAPTISM (newborns to 6 yrs old)
For a detailed break down of our program and dates, download our Baptism Preparation Brochure.
The Baptism Preparation Program requires that parents do the following:
a) Contact Sister Cornelia Ramirez, RVM at the Parish Office (780) 463-8646 ext 2224 when you are ready to hand in these documents:
- child’s birth certificate with birth parents’ names printed on it
- Catholic parents’ Baptism certificate
- godparents’ Confirmation certificate from a Catholic Church
- permission letter from your Pastor, if you are not from St. Theresa’s parish
- sworn affidavit signed by lawyer or Commissioner of Oaths/Notary Public,
- if one of the parents does not sign the Consent to Baptism form
- adoption papers, if child is adopted
- divorce documents, if applicable
b) Attend Baptism Preparation seminar prior to the date you selected for the baptism of your child. These meetings start at 7:00 p.m. on Monday evenings at St. Theresa’s Church. Check the dates listed in the Baptism brochure.
DATES FOR BAPTISM PREPARATION SEMINAR
May 6 & 13 (1st & 2nd Monday)
June 3 & 10 (1st & 2nd Monday)
NO SEMINARS in JULY and AUGUST 2013
Sept. 9 (2nd Monday)
Oct. 7 (1st Monday)
Nov. 4 (1st Monday)
Dec. 2 & 9 (1st & 2nd Monday)
c) When Baptism date is approved, come at 1:45 p.m. on the date you have chosen for the Baptism celebration which starts promptly at 2:00 p.m. Please don’t bring candles. We provide the Baptismal candle for each child. Parents, godparents and relatives/friends of the family are invited to gather around the baptismal font. However, only the godparents with confirmation certificate will stand as sponsors. Names of witnesses (those who are not yet confirmed in the Catholic Church) cannot stand as sponsors or godparents.
2013 BAPTISM CELEBRATION DATES:
- May 19 & 26
- June 16 & 23
- July 21 & 28
- Aug. 18 & 25
- Sept. 15 & 22
- Oct. 20 & 27
- Nov. 17 & 24
- Dec. 15 & 22
- One godparent is sufficient; but there may be 2 (one male and one female). Godparents must have received the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Holy Eucharist, be a practicing Catholic and be at least 16 years of age.
- Parents and godparents are required to attend the Baptism preparation seminar before the baptism of the child.
- Please don’t hand in the baptism registration forms at the last minute. If one of the child’s parents does not sign the Consent to Baptism form, an affidavit signed by the commissioner or Notary Public will be sent to the Archdiocese of Edmonton together with the registration forms and the necessary document (statutory declaration signed by one of the parents) from the Archdiocese of Edmonton. The date for Baptism will be decided only after the Archdiocesan Chancellor gives approval through our pastor, Rev. Jim Corrigan, especially in cases when the name of the father or the mother of the child is not printed on the birth certificate.
If you have any questions, contact Sister Cornelia Ramirez, RVM at the Parish Office (780) 463-8646 ext 2224.
RCIA ADAPTED FOR CHILDREN
This process is for youth 7-14 years old unbaptized or baptized validly in a non-Catholic Church, and want to become fully initiated members in the Catholic Church. Boys and girls who are 7-14 years old cannot receive the Sacrament of Baptism without first receiving catechetical instruction, which is offered in the RCIA ADAPTED for CHILDREN. We are now accepting registrations.
- Birth certificate for the unbaptized
- Birth and baptism certificates for those who were validly baptized in a non-Catholic Church.
Classes are held in St. Theresa’s Church – Mill Woods on Wednesday evenings from 7:00-8:00 p.m. Regular attendance is very important. One or both parents are required to attend the classes with the child to be baptized.
Orientation Meeting with parents and children
Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2013 – St. Theresa’s parish
Calendar of activities for the whole year will be distributed during the orientation meeting.
During the Easter Vigil (the night before Easter Sunday) on Saturday, April 19, 2014 those who attend the Wednesday classes regularly will receive the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, Holy Eucharist. Those who were validly baptized in a non-Catholic Church will make a Profession of Faith, before receiving the Sacraments of Confirmation and Holy Eucharist.
Click Here to download RCIA Adapted for Children registration form.
Click here for a copy of our brochure about the RCIA Adapted for Children process.
For more information, call Sister Cornelia Ramirez, RVM (780) 463-8646 ext. 2224.
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax # (780) 450-2431
FIRST RECONCILIATION & FIRST EUCHARIST
Click Here to download our brochure on Sacramental Preparation for Reconciliation and Eucharist.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Schedule for First Reconciliation and First Eucharist classes and celebration for 2012 – 2013 were published in our newsletters and church bulletin. We started the Spring session for First Reconciliation and First Eucharist on April 6, 2013. The schedule for the Fall, Winter and Spring Sessions for 2013 – 2014 will be published in our Church bulletin, our school newsletters, and letters from the school principals before the summer of 2013.
REMINDER: FIRST CONFESSION (Reconciliation) IS RECEIVED BEFORE FIRST COMMUNION (Eucharist)
Currently, many students who have already received First Reconciliation have not yet received First Holy Communion. Parents, please encourage your children to prepare for the reception of the Sacrament of Holy Eucharist.
Children in grade 6 or older must receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation and Holy Eucharist (First Communion) before Confirmation.
Note that First Reconciliation is for youth gr. 2 and up. First Eucharist is for youth gr. 3 and up.
FIRST RECONCILIATION & FIRST EUCHARIST
SPRING 2013 SCHEDULE
PARENT INFORMATION EVENING: Thursday – March 20 at 7:00 pm at St. Elizabeth School (7712 – 36 Avenue)
First Reconciliation Preparation Sessions
Saturday – April 6 at 10:00 am
Saturday – April 13 at 10:00 am
Saturday – April 20 at 10:00 am
Sacrament of First Reconciliation Celebration: Saturday – April 27 at 10:00 am
First Eucharist Preparation Sessions
Saturday – April 13 at 12:00 Noon
Saturday – April 20 at 12:00 Noon
Teaching Mass: Thursday – Apr. 25 at 7:00 pm
First Eucharist Celebration Saturday – April 27 at 5:30 pm
If you have questions or need more info, contact Sr. Cornelia at 780-463-8646 ext. 2224.
Click Here to download our First Eucharist Brochure.
SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION
CONFIRMATION REGISTRATION DEADLINE was November 2012. We have now began our Confirmation 2013 program for youth gr. 6 to 12. Involves a series of day retreats called Super Saturdays packed with games, small groups, music, reflections, etc. Who knew learning about the faith could be so much fun?
CLICK HERE to download a Brochure that explains St. Theresa’s parish Confirmation program and answers important questions like: What is Confirmation? What happens in Confirmation? Great resource for youth who are considering receiving this special sacrament.
We will begin accepting 2014 Confirmation registrations from September 2013 to November 2013. Information will be given to Catholic Schools affiliated with St. Theresa’s. Stay tuned to the bulletin and website for more information.
CONFIRMATION 2013 SCHEDULE
INFORMATION NIGHT. Students and parent and/or sponsor to attend. Wednesday December 5, 2012 @ 7:00pm in St. Theresa’s MacNeil Hall (parish basement).
STUDENTS MEET ON THE FOLLOWING SATURDAY 2013 DATES FROM 12:45-6:30 pm IN THE MACNEIL HALL
• January 19 • February 16 • March 16 • April 27
SUPER SATURDAY RETREAT WITH STUDENTS & SPONSORS on May 11, 2013 from 10 am to 4 pm in Hall. Confirmation rehearsal will take place on this date.
MASS WITH RITE OF CONFIRMATION on Sunday May 12, 2013 at 3 pm in the main Church.
• Sponsors and Candidates will meet at 2:15 pm in MacNeil Hall on this date to line up for procession.